Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 1 Course 520

Well aside from the complications in class with the audio, things have gone very well this week. I enjoyed learning about the evaluation tools to find and utilize educational resources. I never really knew how to teach kids that they can't always believe what they see on the internet. I can tell them this over and over, but I know I know what to look for to show them the steps in determining what makes a site valid. I was unclear at that the start of this class what internet learning resources really were. So I had a bit of a naive opinion. After reading through the syllabus, I am became much more excited to start this course. I had originally thought that this class was going to be similar to that of our past courses, and I see that it will not be which is exciting.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it remarkable how today's savy kids can still want to believe things they know, if they stop to think, can't possibly be completely true even if they are on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is interesting how you can bring technology into an art room. I was a terrible artist and still am.

    Anyways, I agree that students need to be able to tell the difference between good and bad information. Many students believe anything they read on Wikipedia or the Internet in general! I too look forward to what is coming up in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah,

    Ditto, we spent a lot of time the last two years putting together resources in a Moodle course for our teachers to use to help students learn about analyzing resources. It's new to teachers and students! It's so easy to believe the first Google hit! Guilty!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete